Andrea L. Briscoe, J.D. M.S.
Sage Consulting, Inc.
Career Background: Andrea L. Briscoe, brings more than 10 years of experience from her work as an HR Director and specialist in the areas of coaching, staffing, employee relations, training and development. Andrea’s unique perspective has helped nonprofit organizations and corporations to achieve positive change by creating new levels of awareness. As an adjunct professor, Andrea helped managers at all levels bring a diversity lens to their work with teams and staff. Her coaching model incorporates strategy, communication and integrity.
Specialties: leadership coaching, diversity and inclusion, group coaching, and organizational change.
Industry Experience: Andrea has worked as an executive coach, and human resource consultant for nonprofit organizations and in the areas of consulting, accounting, insurance and financial services. In addition to heading up recruitment drives, she helped launch diversity initiatives, recast organizational structures and perform strategic staffing and planning for these firms. Andrea has held positions as a Senior Recruiter, Employee Relations Manager, Human Resources Director, and VP for Organizational Effectiveness. In the recent past Andrea has consulted with Oppenheimer Funds, The White House Project, Rockwood Leadership, Women Rising, Ashoka, KPMG and Moody’s.
- Developed and implemented Strategic Diversity Plans for nonprofit organizations;
- Taught “Teambuilding”, and “ Building High Performing Teams” to graduate students at CUNY and NYU;
- Created trainings in Appreciative Inquiry and Emotional Intelligence and DiSC for MBA students in NYC;
- Developed an Appreciative 360 multi-rater evaluation tool for use in organizations;
- Created group and team coaching programs for varied nonprofit and corporate clientele;
- Worked as an Executive Coach with the Tuck School of Management’s Ascent Program “Leading Multicultural Women to the Top,” and
- Coached a nationwide cadre of diverse women at Black Enterprise Magazines “Women of Power Summit”, 2008 – 2010.
Certifications: Andrea is a certified Executive Coach and a member of the International Coach Federation, International Association of Coaches, SHRM, OD Network and the Association for Psychological Type.
Education: Andrea holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication and Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College in Boston, MA, a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management and Organizational Development from the New School and is a graduate of the City University of New York Law School.
Additional Information: Andrea has been active in public interest advocacy since the 1980s. In the early 1990’s, she worked as a criminal defense attorney and a court advocate serving indigent clients and juveniles in New York City.